All About the Charity Blog

Over the seasons Aroundthegrounds has raised £1000's for different charities, this season 2018-19 is no different as we raised for FORGET-ME-NOT, a small self funding charity that supports people with dementia and their partners/carers. Each goal I see scored we will donated 25p, I know a lot of people and clubs like to donate, doesnt matter how small, it is always very gratefully received, your name or club will go on to the donators list.

Saturday 11 May 2019

75 WAYS TO SAY THANKYOU

Since beginning this Charity Blog so many years ago, we have raised for different causes, I remember the First year we raised for the epiplisy unit that treated me for new equipment and was stunned at raising just over £500, I never knew back then that the Blog would snowball like it has. 

Last season we hit our highest ever total for MAGGIES cancer Care Centre of £1492, but we rounded it up to £1500, no way did I ever think we would get anywhere near that mark ever again, but people and clubs continue to prove me wrong. The Blog is well known around the UK as far down as Cornwall and up as far as the North West.

This season for the First Time, I have had 2 Nottinghamshire Senior Clubs sponsor every goal scored and many clubs and players chip in when Ive been round the grounds.

What amazes me more than anything though is when people who Ive never met, contact me and send me a cheque for the charity blog to go to the charities and one of those people is Graham Moseley a senior gentleman from Northampton who has been supporting the Blog for a number of seasons now. This Saturday he travelled on his own on the train up from Northampton to visit Hucknall Town, as I was at another match that kicked off earlier in the day, this was a opportunity to actually meet him and knowing that he liked a spot of the Real Ale, knew just the place to meet.

The Station Hotel isnt hard to find in Hucknall, infact it is opposite the train and tram station just off the High Street, so come 5pm Graham came through the doors and wouldnt allow me to buy him a pint, infact insisted he bought me a shandy. We had a chat and then he produced his cheque book and he wrote out a cheque for a superb £75. I just didnt know how to thank him enough. There are other peope who have also pledged to do this for my charity that is chosen for this season which is FORGET ME NOT, a small charity that supports people with dementia and I know the running total of £1,342.20p will go along way with still some more pledges yet to come, so the £1500 mark may well be broke. 

Anyone who would like to make a donation can contact me on hornby60uk@yahoo.co.uk

It is very difficult to thank everyone and every club but I really do mean it as it is totally unexpected.

Next Saturday 18th May 2019 is the Nottinghamshire Senior League's Cup Finals Day at Basford United FC, my wife Hazel does 2 raffles, one for each Final as it gives the Blog a good start towards next seasons total and next season we have chosen Nottingham Stroke Support Group. 

Information of the Nottinghamshire Senior League Cup Finals Day are as follows:

12pm - Junior Cup Final
Robin Hood Colts v Cotgrave Reserves

5pm - Senior Cup Final
Stapleford Town v Southwell City

There will be a programme for each Final

No comments:

Post a Comment