All About the Charity Blog

Over the seasons Aroundthegrounds has raised £1000's for different charities, this season 2018-19 is no different as we raised for FORGET-ME-NOT, a small self funding charity that supports people with dementia and their partners/carers. Each goal I see scored we will donated 25p, I know a lot of people and clubs like to donate, doesnt matter how small, it is always very gratefully received, your name or club will go on to the donators list.

Friday 17 May 2019

THE MILLERS SUPPORT LOCAL DEMENTIA CHARITY

Mansfield Hosiery Mills FC is one of the most local clubs to where I live, so I do tend to pop up there quite often during the season. They have always made a donation for my Charity Blog, but as soon as they heard that this season it was a for local cause, FORGET ME NOT, a small chairity that supports people with dementia, their First Team made a pledge that every goal that their side scored in the Division One of the Nottingamshire Senior League they would give £1, this was then followed by their Under 16 team also sponsoring a £1 per goal they scored during the season.

Both sides were going to present a donation at their annual New Year Eves party to which me and my family attend every year, but sadly I feel ill over that time of year and was stuck in bed watching Madness on the tele.

Vice Chariman Dom Witton of Mansfield Hosiery Mills FC contacted me to arrange to hand over the kind donations, but I felt it only fair to go to the ground to get a photo with their logo behind us during the presentation. To be honest i had no idea how much was to be handed over, so was more than shocked when he said " We scored 61 goals but we felt we should round it up to £70"..I cant say thankyou enough..Whilst having a shandy in the clubhouse, Ruth who runs the Under 16's team had kindly sent their teams donation of £25, making a total of a amazing £95.

A BIG thankyou to all involved at Mansfield Hosiery Mills FC

This now takes the running total up to a massive £1,437.20p

No comments:

Post a Comment